Pages

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Athletics Day

As I'm huffing and puffing at the end of my race, my legs starts to wiggle and jiggle then I fall to the ground. "Ohh My Gosh." I said at the same time trying to get my breath back. " I Feel So Tired." Not so long I get my breath back and stand up. That was my fifth race I ran. But do you think I had a place in that race? Well I got the best number in all running races. First place.

"Go, Go, Go you can win this race." I cheered on one of my team members from Tangata. Now you must be thinking why do you need teams? Well every or during each year children get put in houses. The houses are called Aroha, Tangata, Whenua and Wairua. These houses are for the activities we do during the year too.

After our athletics everybody is so tired, that all children just want to go home. The enjoyable thing that I love about our athletics day, is that everyone gives it a go. If they lose they are always better next year. Because the main thing is a goal is to win and to win you need perseverance. That's what the students at Glen Innes School look ahead to.


0 comments:

Post a Comment